Monday, June 28, 2010

Tick Tock, Tick Tock . . .





I have a newfound appreciation for time and the various things that can be done with it. Having an infant will do that for you. There is this saying that says, “There is no such thing as free time. All time carries a cost, and what you do with your time determines the price.”

I have a wonderful daughter. Her name is Amanda Janae Daniels. And I wouldn’t change the experience of being her mother for anything in the world. I will tell you though, that sometimes I have to laugh when I think about the decisions of time management that I am faced within a daily basis. When my precious princess is asleep, I have a few choices of what to do with my time. And there is never enough time to get everything done. So, I am subject to prioritizing between reading, sleeping, eating, or showering. These have quickly become my four top priorities. A distant 5th, 6th, etc. is cleaning the house, working on the computer, or even down time like playing Sudoku or Logic Problems.

I am very close to having a system whereby I can make the most of my time every minute of every day. Would you like to know my system? Well here it is: take care of myself spiritually, physically, then emotionally - in that order. This may seem practical, but when you are tired beyond belief and having trouble thinking straight or remembering what day it is, a little direction goes a long way.
My next step is using the next two weeks to incorporate time to get job-related tasks completed. Adding this additional ball that needs to be juggled with all of the rest will definitely make my life one of adventure. I’m sure it’ll work since people do it all the time.

I would love to hear any stories of infant-induced sleep deprival and your subsequent prioritization of time. Hearing the experiences of others would give me one of those: “WHAT MEN HAVE DONE MEN CAN DO” moments. Or more appropriately, “WHAT WOMEN HAVE DONE WOMEN CAN DO!”

Time is a-ticking; tick tock, tick tock. I gotta go because I don’t have a lot of free time! LOL. Until next time . . .


Peace & Blessings
Sharon


I'll be back in 2 weeks! See you Monday, July 12th.


Tuesday's Blog: Our summer blog posting schedule & July's book club info.

1 comment:

Bridge To God said...

Since I was 40 when I had Tovah, I may not have had as much energy as you do…LOL!! But I did find that picking one week day to have nothing to do other than care for her helped a lot when she was a newborn. It was my “go with the flow day.” I didn’t cook, wash clothes, clean or any of those things. If I remember correctly, I mostly slept when she slept on that day. I breastfed and that helped when she was getting ready for a growth spurt…they want to feed it seems like every 45 minutes or so. LOL!!
Ponnie