Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dear Friend




Now that school is out for the summer I wondered what I should write about. I mean I know the title of my blog is Diary of a Home School Mom, but the pages in my diary for this school year are full. So what to write about? As I thought I began to reflect on women and how we tend to feel about ourselves. Often times we are never satisfied with how we look, what we do, what skills we have. We often spend a lot of time trying to measure up to those we think have it going on just to find out that they are just as insecure as we are. I remember me ten years ago. I was so insecure with me and most of the time felt like I did not belong. What changed? I got a hold of the Word and through that and the constant encouragement of people who genuinely loved me I began to feel accepted and worthwhile. Years later I am a different person yet I still have moments of insecurity. So today I wrote this “Letter” that I hope inspires you, because I love you and want you to know that you are so truly loved.

Dear Friend, do you know how beautiful you are? Whether you are six feet or four eleven, wide hips with big feet or narrow hips with feet that look like Barbie’s you’re a beauty! From the blondest straightest hair to jet black tightly curled coarse hair flowing down your back to close cropped what a sight you are! With your deep brown skin and your pale tan complexion, my, you are lovely! With eyes big and blue to brown with a slant to almond shaped hazel, oh how gorgeous you! Your beauty is more than skin deep. For you are kind and gentle, funny and smart. You are bold and even shy sometimes. God has made you exactly how He wanted you, no mistakes and no errors. Do you know how beautiful you are?

Dear Friend, do you know how gifted you are? You wow us with your singing, you impress us with your dance, go girl do your thing! You write with such emotion and create the most amazing art work, you cook with love and create pastries that look like a work of art, show us what you got! You are the best teacher, nurse, doctor, mommy, lawyer, scientist, athlete, seamstress, yes, God has given you gifts to do all things well. Do you know how gifted you are?

Dear Friend, do you know how special you are? You are fearfully and wonderfully made. Made in the very image and likeness of God. He has breathed His life into you and calls you His own. You are precious in the sight of God and you are acceptable to Him. Yeah you are imperfect and sometimes you even make mistakes yet you are seated in heavenly places with Him. Do you know how special you are?

Dear Friend, do you know that you are loved? From the moment you came into your parent’s life they loved you. Your friends, husband, kids, siblings, co-workers love you so much. Most important God loves you with a love that is forever. There is no end to it, live in that love girl.

Dear Friend, please remember that you are beautiful, you are gifted, you are special and you are loved because YOU ARE!



With Love,
A Friend Who Cares,
Cheryl


Catch you in two weeks on, Thursday, June 24th!



Friday's Blog: We have a special announcement!

No comments: