Monday, June 14, 2010

Baby, Baby, Baby!




If babies could talk, what would they say? Let’s follow the birth of a newborn in her own words (reportedly).


5/26/2010 @ 9:50 pm: Hello everyone! My name is Amanda, and I am ready to enter this world. I am currently sitting comfortably in my mommy, but there is just no more room, and all of my parts are done cooking – so here I come! My first job is to move this little plug thingy – it is in the way. My bag has to be unplugged in order to get this party started.

5/26/2010 @ 10:15 pm: Now for the help from my friend, I like to call her Ms. U – she has to help squeeze and squeeze so mommy can push me out later. And we are doing this thing in fast-forward mode. She’s squeezing like every five minutes. At this rate, I’ll be outta here in no time! It seems like mommy doesn’t like the squeezing very much. I wish I could tell her that it won’t be that long.

5/27/2010 @ 12:00 am: Well we’re on our way to the hospital. Ms. U is still squeezing away. And I’m trying to make my way down and out of this place. We are having a little bit of difficulty getting into the hospital at this late hour. Daddy’s talking to some man who is trying to buzz him in but it didn’t work the first two times. Third time is a charm. We are finally in . . . Labor and Delivery, here we come! Daddy has to fill out a form and then we’re in our room.

5/27/2010 @ 12:45 am: We’re pushing liquid out now – my mommy said that her water broke, whatever that means. I just know that I’m one step closer to the outside world. And mommy’s getting medicine so that she can handle Ms. U’s squeezing. The nurses are asking questions, questions, and more questions. Enough already, bring in the medicine guy, my mom needs some relief. And how do you spell relief? E-P-I-D-U-R-A-L. Now the medicine doctor has come in. And they are asking more questions. Adults sure talk a lot!

5/27/2010 @ 1:30 am: Mom has mellowed out. It’s the drugs I tell you! OK, so we are on our way. Ms. U is still squeezing, and will you know it, mommy has gone to sleep! I guess she was really tired. And she stays asleep most of the time, except when the nurses and doctors come in and do stuff. Leave mommy alone! Can’t you see that she’s tired?

5/27/2010 @ 6:32 am: The nurses say that it’s time for mommy to start pushing. Look out world, ‘cause here I come! Deep breath, push to the count of ten, then repeat. Come on mommy, you can do it! Push, push, push. It’s only a matter of time now.

5/27/2010 @ 7:53 am: I’m here! My name is Amanda Janae Daniels, I am 8 pounds and 21.5 inches. The nurses clean me up then give me to daddy while the doctors are still over there with mommy. We are such a happy family. I have the bestest mommy and daddy in the whole wide world!



Peace & Blessings
Amanda's Mom..."AKA" Sharon


I'll be back in 2 weeks! See you Monday, June 28th.


Tuesday's Blog: Ponnie has a special blog for you.

No comments: