Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Kids Say and Do The Darndest Things!



Since we were able to write what we wanted this month, it came to mind how kids say things that are either very funny or very rude? And it never ceases to amaze me how kids can put a different perspective on life; they see things through eyes that are innocent and inquisitive. So today I would like to share with you a few of The Whampler Zoo’s funniest moments.

March 2008—my wonderful friend was at our house trying to help me dig my way out from under a huge pile of laundry. She had been downstairs with my middle son Isaac. She came upstairs dragging Isaac behind her and said, “I have to tell you the funniest thing. Isaac asked me if I knew where Jesus was born. I said, “Yes he was born in Bethlehem in Judah in Israel.” He says, “Nope you are so wrong.” So I asked him, “Okay where was Jesus born then?” To which he replies, “You know, in Ancient China.” Now I am totally confused so I ask,” How do you know that?” And he replies, “Because of the Christmas song” and he begins to sing, joyful, joyful all in ancient china.” To this day we still do not know what Christmas song he was talking about. LOL!

Another Christmas song that we all know and love is, Angel’s We Have Heard on High. One Sunday after going to church and singing Christmas songs, Mari-Elyzabeth came home and asked me, “Mommy why do we have to sing to Gloria?” I paused and asked her, “What song she was talking about?” She said, “You know the song that goes, Gloria in excess Diego.”
Not too long ago, I had to get the children up early and my six year old Cassie Joy woke up in a rather foul mood. This is very unusual for the child that was named Joy for a reason. Anyway, after about an hour of listening to her whine and fuss, I asked her what was wrong? She looked at me and said, “You know mommy I am just not a morning person at all!”

On this same morning, after we had established that Cassie was not a morning person, I heard her in the kitchen crying the saddest most broken hearted cry. I walked into the kitchen and asked her, “What was wrong?” and her reply was,” I need somebody to open this milk for me less I cannot eat cereal and I am very hungry and I do not want to die today!”

While we are on Cassie Joy, the funniest child in my house, I was sitting at my desk one day writing my blog when she came in crying. She walked over to my desk and I asked, “Are you okay?” She shook her head no and I said, “Honey you have to stop crying so that you can tell me what happened. I can’t understand you when you are crying so loud.” To which she replied, “It would be easier if you would stop fussing at me.” I got so tickled and trying to hide my smile said, “I’m sorry honey I didn’t mean to be fussing” and she very quickly replied, “Now you have to stop laughing at me or I can’t tell you anything.”

Now on to little Miss Emma, she is a character in herself and she keeps us all laughing most of the time. For example; one night she came into my bedroom crying, she was shaking all over and said, “Mommy I had a night mirrorer.” I sleepily asked, “What did you dream about baby girl?” She said, “There were Cha wow wows trying to bite me!” Thinking I had misheard her I asked her, “What did you say?” and she repeated the same thing. When I asked her what a Cha wow wow was, she said, “You know like Georgie our dog.” Georgie was a Chihuahua.

One day Emma wanted to watch her favorite movie and I had agreed but she couldn’t find it, so she asked Robert, (our oldest) to help her find it. She told him she wanted “Stupid is a mean word.” Robert very confused asked, “What movie is that one? And she told him, “You know the one with the football man and his little girl says, Stupid is a Mean word MR. Cooper.” Robert then came to ask me which movie she wanted and I told him, “She wanted to watch, Game Plan.” He went back to the study and said, “Okay, you want to watch Game Plan.” She shouted, “NO I TOLD YOU I WANT TO WATCH STUPID IS A MEAN WORD, YOU DUMMY!”

Last year we had a particularly rough year with the kid’s animals. It seemed every time we turned around another had died on us. One death in particular has been etched in my mind is when we lost our cat Cricket. She had gotten out of the house and was hit by a car. This death was very hard on our children as Cricket was extremely loved. I went to the road, and wrapped Cricket in a sheet and brought her to the house for us to bury her. The children wanted to see her to say goodbye. After they had all said their goodbyes, Cassie ran downstairs to my Mama’s room where she was crying and then for no reason at all she began to laugh. When my Mother asked her why she was laughing she said, “Well, I am sad that Cricket is dead BUT at least we got to see what “flat as a pancake” looks like!”

One day, Rachel and Cassie had been playing together, and Rachel had been very bossy and ugly with Cassie and hurt her feelings. Cassie went into my Mama’s room and told on Rachel. My mother trying to be the diplomat said to Cassie, “Well Honey you know God will have to teach Rachel that she cannot be so bossy and ugly, so why don’t you play with someone else?” Cassie looked straight into my Mother’s eyes and said, “Well I hope God takes care of her tonight!” and stomped out of the room.

One last Cassie Joy funny story and hopefully it will bring a smile to your face. One day we were trying very hard to remember the names of the goats and so we asked Cassie Joy what the name of the brown goat was? She looked up sweetly and said, "You mean the goat that looks like a waffle?" Through the laughter we said yes and she very proudly informed us that her name was Emmy.

That is it for this blog but I promise there will be much more to come, for as long as I have children there will be funny little things that they will say and do.



Blessings and Love
Rise'

Hope to see you in two weeks. Tuesday, June 15th to be exact!


Wednesday's Blog: Jennifer Spence "Single Working Mom"

1 comment:

Maria Guzman said...

Rise, I agree with you. There is never a dull moment when children are involved. :) Many blessings, Maria