Saturday, March 13, 2010

Stranded! On a Hotel Balcony……..




When I was 11 years old my mom won a trip for two to Aruba, and boy was she happy. Although she hadn’t originally planned to take me with her, in the end things worked out that I could go, and I was super excited. I mean, Aruba! The farthest I had been out of U.S. was Canada so I couldn’t wait. The hotel was beautiful and our room had an amazing view of the island. We also had a small balcony where we did our devotions every morning.

Well one morning during devotions my mom asked me to run back into the room and get something for her. When I slid the door shut behind me it somehow come off of the track and I couldn’t get it open not matter how hard I tried. I pulled, I tugged, but it was to no avail. Needless to say my mom wasn’t very happy about being trapped on a hotel balcony. She was trying not to get frustrated (but she was really mad), while telling me to dial the operator. Remember, I was only 11 years old so I was flustered and a little scared. At the time it was just an all around bad situation. I did eventually get the hotel operator who quickly sent up a maintenance man that fix the door in about 2 minutes and freed my mom. LOL!! We look back now and laugh about it but at the time neither one of us thought it was very amusing.

Now you’re probably wondering, “Why on earth did she just tell us that story?” Well, because just like my mom was stranded on the balcony, sometimes we feel like we’re stranded in the world. I know that I have experienced numerous moments when I’ve felt like I was stranded in life and that there was no one else there, and I’m sure some of you probably have too. This can be a really prominent feeling in high school, especially when your friends go off to college, start ditching you for boyfriends, or you just don’t hang out as much as you used to. We all go through times where it seems like no one is there, not even God.

How many times have you wondered if God was really listening? Uncertain if He even cared about what you have to say, since it seems like no one else does? Genesis 21:22 says “…God is with you in everything you do.” I think that is something we all tend to forget sometimes is that God is always there; and he will never leave or forsake us.


So even when it feels like you’ve been abandoned or you have no one to talk to, God is always there for you. One thing that I’ve learned this past year is that, even as friendships and relationships change, God doesn’t, and he will forever be my best friend. He’s never too busy to talk to me or to give me advice when I really need it. We always have God beside us even if it doesn’t feel like it, so keep that thought with you always and don’t give up! Never forget that your eternal best friend is always with you. ~smile~



TTYL,
Tovah


I'll be back on Friday, March 26th, until then "Peace Out!"


Monday's Blog: Sasha our "Healthy Lifestyles" lady. Be sure to tune in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome Tovah! You hit the nail on the head. Thanks for the encourging words. God is good!
Blessings and Love,
Cindy