Tuesday, March 30, 2010

MY UNSCRIPTED LIFE DEFINITELY COMES WITH SURPRISES!



Hello Ladies,

A couple of weeks ago, I talked about living life to the fullest. I pray you are doing your very best to live life to the fullest!

During the time the blog was posted, I was going through a “routine of busyness”. I had to go back and re-read what I wrote and put it into practice!
I first had to STOP and accept the fact that I was too busy and not having any family time or “me” time. I really had to sit down and write a list of priorities (re-prioritize) in my life! When I wrote the list, I said to myself, WOW, I didn’t think I was that busy, but in actuality, I was.

I realized not only my time was affected, but also my health was being affected. The doctor says I have gastric reflux and I have to follow a strict diet or take medication, but because I have been so on the go with my “routine of busyness”, I threw the diet plan right out the window. Because of this new change in my diet, my stomach has been really suffering. As of today (March 22, 2010), I’m going back on my strict diet and restore my health!

During this time of “routine of busyness”, my husband decides to give me a surprise…in the past, my husband can never keep a surprise from me. He would always end up telling me the surprise and ruining the moment. LOL…but this time was different. My husband and kids were keeping the surprise secret to themselves. That was so not fair! That day my kids were off to a birthday party at a friend’s house. My husband and I left to spend quality time as a couple. The surprise was…. Suspenseful huh?!?…. LOL…. He took me on the Port Jefferson Ferry Boat for the afternoon. I was so happy! The weather was nice and it was so peaceful, so quiet. Here is a picture of us on the boat…



It was so much fun; we went out to dinner, went to the local shops and had enough time to get back on the boat and pickup the kids from the birthday party. I’m so thankful for my husband taking me away from the “routine of busyness”. This is one of my examples when I can really say My Unscripted Life definitely comes with surprises! Until next time…


God bless you always,
Maria Guzman

Hope to see you on Tuesday, April 13th!

Wednesday's Blog: Ponnie, "Living Single & Loving It"


¡MI VIDA IMPROVISADA DEFINITIVAMENTE VIENE CON SORPRESAS!



Hola Mujeres,

Un par de semanas atrás, hable sobre viviendo la vida al máximo. ¡Estoy orando que ustedes están haciendo su mejor esfuerzo para vivir la vida al máximo!

Durante el tiempo cuando el blog fue publicado, yo estaba pasando por una “rutina de las ocupaciones”. ¡Tuve que volver a leer lo que escribí y ponerlo en práctica!

En primer lugar, tuve que parar y aceptar el hecho de que yo estaba demasiado ocupada y no teniendo tiempo para la familia o tiempo para "mi". ¡Realmente tuve que sentarme y escribir una lista de prioridades (re-priorizar) en mi vida! Cuando escribí la lista, me dije, WOW, no pensé que yo estaba tan ocupada, pero en realidad, si estaba.
Me di cuenta que no sólo el tiempo fue afectado, sino también mi salud también. El doctor dice que tengo el reflujo gástrico y tengo que seguir una dieta estricta o tomar un medicamento, sino porque he estado tan en el camino con mi "rutina de las ocupaciones", lancé el plan de dieta por la ventana. Debido a este nuevo cambio en mi dieta, mi estómago sufrió realmente. ¡A día de hoy (22 de Marzo de 2010), voy a volver a mi dieta estricta y restaurar mi salud!

Durante este tiempo de "rutina de las ocupaciones", mi esposo decide darme una sorpresa... en el pasado, mi esposo no podía mantener una sorpresa en secreto. Él siempre termina diciendo la sorpresa y arruinar el momento. LOL... pero esta vez era diferente. Mi esposo y los niños se mantenían en secreto la sorpresa para ellos mismos. ¡Esto no fue justo! Ese día mis hijos estaban fuera en una fiesta de cumpleaños en la casa de un amigo. Mi esposo y yo nos fuimos a pasar tiempo de calidad como pareja. La sorpresa fue.... Eh suspenso?!? .... LOL.... Él me llevó en el “Port Jefferson Ferry Boat” por la tarde. ¡Yo estaba tan feliz! El clima era agradable y era tan tranquilo. Aquí hay una foto de nosotros en el barco...



Fue muy divertido, nos fuimos a cenar, fuimos a las tiendas locales y tuvimos tiempo suficiente para volver en el barco y buscar los niños en la fiesta de cumpleaños. Estoy muy agradecida por mi esposo que me llevo lejos de la “rutina de las ocupaciones". ¡Este es uno de mis ejemplos, cuando realmente puedo decir que mi vida improvisada definitivamente viene con sorpresas! Hasta la próxima...

Dios te bendiga siempre,
María Guzmán

1 comment:

MsB1908 said...

Ah, that's sweet...2 thumbs up for hubby!