Tuesday, March 2, 2010

HAVING A CHEERFUL HEART IS GOOD MEDICINE!



The Bible says “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” Proverbs 17:22. I had to find the right picture to reflect a “cheerful heart”. I fell in love with this picture and it reminded me of the times when I was that small and having the giggles (I still do..LOL).

This reminded me of last year’s Thanksgiving Day. We usually visit family for Thanksgiving dinner. My husband and I decided to stay home and make our own dinner...We had a good time. Spending time as a family watching movies, cooking and baking. Baking? Now this will make you laugh. My husband was sooo pumped because we have not had a working oven for a long period of time and one of my good friends (Maria, Bless her heart) gave me a stove. My husband baked brownies that he had his heart so set on. He put the batter into a cookie sheet … LOL…sorry it is too funny! You should have been there. He was so happy when the “brownies” were done. I have to share the picture …

My kids were so excited, they were going to eat brownies…when they took a bite, I heard “crunch” instead of “quiet munching”…LOL. The kids said this isn’t brownies! They are toasted! My husband says, Oh, yeah they are toasted brownies, which he called them “brownsters”! (I mentioned to Ponnie, she can have the recipe for the Lazy Woman’s Snack, LOL) I laughed so much, I could not contain it in front of them, since I have a contagious laugh, and they laughed along with me.

I looked at the bible dictionary definition of laughter, which means “a chuckle or explosive vocal sound (that is definitely me), cause for merriment”. I always seize the opportunity to make someone smile or laugh, it just lifts up their spirits. It turns your frown, upside down.

This just came to mind, try it out, it was so much fun…One year, I was at the “Contagious Joy” conference at Women of Faith, one of the women speaking asked us to look at our neighbor and say the word “J O Y” exaggerated and express a funny face while doing it. I know some of you are going to have a laugh attack like I did.

All I can say is enjoy every moment, always find the humor in every circumstance, live life to the fullest with joy and happiness, and remember “a cheerful heart is good medicine”!

I pray these special moments I have shared with you may make your day brighter! I pray for the ladies that are reading this blog and are finding their joy again and may spark joyful days to come and for those who already have joy in their life, that may it be rubbed off on others. In the name of Jesus, Amen!

P.S. Since “Having a cheerful heart is good medicine!” I wanted to recommend a funny book. It’s called “All Cracked Up…Experiencing God In the Broken Places” by Patsy Clairmont. Enjoy!!



Take care and God bless you always,
Maria Guzman

I will be back to share with you on Tuesday, March 16th, until then, have fun making family memories.


Wednesday's Blog: Ponnie, if you could use a good laugh she is doing something a little different for all women to enjoy, please check it out!

¡TENER UN CORAZÓN ALEGRE ES BUENA MEDICINA!




La Biblia nos dice “El corazón alegre constituye buen remedio; Mas el espíritu triste seca los huesos.” Proverbios 17:22. Tenia que encontrar un retrato adecuado para reflejar un “corazón alegre”. Me enamore con este retrato y me recordó de los tiempos cuando yo era pequeña y teniendo la risas (Todavía las tengo…LOL).

Esto me recordó el día de Acción de Gracias del año pasado. En general, nosotros visitamos familiares y compartimos la cena de Acción de Gracias con ellos. Mi esposo y yo decidimos quedarnos en casa y hacer nuestra cena…Tuvimos un buen tiempo. Pasando tiempo como familia, viendo películas, cocinando, y horneando. ¿Horneando? Ahora bien, esto te hará reír. Mi esposo estaba tan entusiasmado. Porque durante un periodo de tiempo, no habíamos tenido una estufa con un horno que trabajara y una de mis buenas amigas (Bendiciones a Maria) me dio una estufa. Mi esposo horneo bizcochos de chocolate (brownies) que estaba en el corazón para hacerlo. ¡El puso la mezcla en una bandeja de horno (de galletitas)…lo siento es demasiado gracioso! Deberías haber estado ahí. Estaba tan alegre cuando los bizcochos de chocolate (brownies) estaban hechos. Tenia que compartir este retrato…

Mis hijos estaban tan entusiasmado, porque iban a comer los bizcochos de chocolate (brownies)…cuando dieron una mordida, yo oí “la mordida” en vez de “comiendo calladito”…LOL. ¡Mis hijos dijeron esto no es bizcochos de chocolate (brownies)! ¡Están tostados!! Mi esposo dijo, o si son bizcocho de chocolate (brownies) tostado, el lo llamaba “brownsters”! (Lo mencione a Ponnie, que ella puede tener la receta para el “Lazy Woman’s Snack, LOL). Me reí mucho, yo no podía contenerlo afrente de ellos, ya que tengo una risa contagiosa, ellos se rieron conmigo.

Busque la definición en el diccionario bíblico la palabra risa, que significa “una risa o un sonido vocal explosiva (esto es, sin duda quien yo soy), motivo de alegría. Yo siempre aprovecho la oportunidad para hacer sonreír a alguien o reírse, solo para levantar el ánimo. Convierte tu esto pone su ceño fruncido, de arriba abajo.

Esto llego a la mente, trátalo, fue muy divertido…Un año, Yo estaba en la conferencia de “Contagiosa Gozo”, de Mujeres de Fe, una de las conferencista nos dijo que miráramos al nuestro vecino y dijéramos la palabra “G O Z O” exagerada y expresando una cara chistosa mientras lo haces. Yo se que algunos de ustedes van a tener un ataque de risas como yo lo tuve.

¡Todo lo que puedo decirte es disfruta cada momento, siempre busca el humor en cada circunstancia, vive la vida al máximo con gozo y alegría, y recuerda “un corazón alegre es buena medicina”!

Oro que esto momentos especiales que he compartido con ustedes hagan tu día mas brillante. Oro por la Mujeres que están leyendo este blog y están encontrando su gozo nuevamente y puede hacer su día más luminoso, y para aquellas que tienen gozo en tus vidas que puedan contagiarlo a los demás. ¡En el nombre de Jesús, Amen!



Cuídate y Dios te bendiga siempre,
María Guzmán

1 comment:

RISE777 said...

OH MY GIRL You are so right. I love to laugh, When I am in a bad mood a good laugh can change a day. I have been told my name is laughter and my mom must have named me right because laughing is my best feature. I enjoyed your blog this time. Can't wait til the next time.