Saturday, January 16, 2010

Notable "Quotables"


Hi everyone,

I have struggled somewhat as to what I wanted to write for my blog. This is my first time blogging, and I found myself being a little shy about writing about me. As I grow into letting go a little more I thought I might be able to encourage each of you with some Bible verses and “Notable Quotes” that have meant a lot to me while at the ripe old age of 18, I start making some big life decisions. Hope they can encourage you as much as they have me.

Jeremiah 29: 11-13: For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and go and pray to me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek me and me, when you search for me with all your heart.

This verse has always meant a lot to me because I, like many people, worry so much about what will happen in the future. In my head I’m usually pretty sure that something horrible will happen and God does not necessarily have the best in mind for me. I love this verse where it says “thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” It makes me feel so loved and cared for by my Heavenly Father!

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but power and love and of a sound mind. I especially love the “sound mind” part of it because I know that on my own I usually do not feel very sound. This is just a very empowering verse for me.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved…Helen Keller

Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content…Helen Keller

As for accomplishments, I just did what I had to do as things came along…Eleanor Roosevelt

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product…Eleanor Roosevelt

I believe that anyone can conquer fear by doing the things he fears to do, provided he keeps doing them until he gets a record of successful experience behind him…Eleanor Roosevelt

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6

There is a lot to be afraid of in the world, and it’s a big comfort to know that I won’t ever be facing it by myself!

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn." Psalm 18:32-36



Talk to you later
Lydia


My next blog is: February 20th..I'm the 3rd Saturday, of each month. See you soon!


Monday's blog: Sasha, "Health & Beauty"

4 comments:

RISE777 said...

Do you know that you are really a very good writer. The verses that you used are some of my favorite verses. I am really looking forward to your next segement I know that you are going to be very good at this blogging thing! LOL

MsB1908 said...

Jeremiah 29: 11-13...one of my favorites!

Tovah said...

Love the quotes Lyd, especially the Helen Keller ones :)

Maria Guzman said...

Very nice quotes and scriptures! Psalm 18:32-36 really spoke to my heart. Thank you for the reminders!