Friday, January 15, 2010

Behind The Scenes Moments Of My Unscripted Life


Hello Ladies…its Maria Guzman.

When asked to writer an additional blog for a guest writer slot this month, it seemed like a great opportunity to share with you some of the Behind the Scenes Moments of my Unscripted Life. I used this picture to illustrate the “Behind the Scenes” of the “back stage” and the “on stage” of my life.

~ Back stage ~
You know it is a privilege to go back stage to see what is going on “Behind the Scenes”. I’m giving you a “backstage ticket” to go back stage and see what is going on “Behind the Scenes” of my life. You get to see the real me, where I can be myself and not worry about what people think of me. This place is my comfortable comfort zone, where I can lay my hair down and “chilax” (if you don’t know what “chilax means it is the word chill and relax…get it? lol). Anyways, getting back to my comfort zone, this is where I’m in my own little world. I like to be here because I “feel” no judgments. This is where I can be most vulnerable, where I can express my raw emotions of crying, frustrations, stress, etc.
~ On stage ~

Okay, now its time to go “on stage”. For me to get ready the nervousness kicks in (that is when the butterflies get to my stomach), I start to tense up (the stress level increases), “feeling” the low self esteem (that is when I start to “feel” that people are judging me), lack of confidence (where I second guess everything that I do), and self doubt (that is when I doubt that what I do counts for anything)….I don’t think I’m ready to go “on stage”…Let me peek through the curtains (like the picture above)…How jealous I feel of the people that are already “on stage” doing the things that I’m so scared to do. I’m on stage now, out in the open…I’m thinking to myself…they might not like the real me. I guess I need to put up a front and hide who I reallyam. Then I won’t get hurt.
I’m sure that I’m not the only one that sees the backstage in people and see the same people totally different when they are in front of others out of their comfort circle of friends and/or family. The reason why I showed you the “back stage” and the “on stage” of my life is because I have had to face these “feelings” and “thoughts” for a long time, but this year is a new year. I have been facing my comfort zones and bringing down the wall I have put up for a long time so that I won’t have to hurt anymore.

These barriers were built to last and I didn’t want them anymore…let me tell you this process is not easy and for those of you facing these same situations, believe me, you are not alone! Now I can look in the mirror and really confidently say that I’m a daughter of a King. I’m special and unique. I’m here for God’s purpose.

And so are YOU! You are a daughter of a King! You are special and unique! You are here for God’s purpose! You are here to shine in the midst of the darkness! You are here to embrace life and live it to the fullest!

I pray my transparent experience with the “Behind the Scenes” emotions “Back stage” and “On stage” of Life will inspire and motivate you to be yourself and show the real you!


God Bless You Always,
Maria Guzman


See you Tuesday, January 19th at my regular time slot!


Saturday's Blog: Lydia Hedinger: 18 Years Old



DETRÁS DE LAS ESCENAS DE LOS MOMENTOS DE MI VIDA IMPROVISADA


Hola Mujeres…es María Guzmán.


Cuándo me pidieron que escribiera un blog adicional para un espacio de escritor invitada este mes, me pareció una gran oportunidad de compartir con ustedes una parte de Detrás de las Escenas de los Momentos de mi Vida Improvisad. Utilice esta imagen para ilustrar mi vida “detrás de el escenario” y “en el escenario”.
~ Detrás de el escenario ~
Usted sabe que es un privilegio volver a la etapa de ver lo que está pasando "detrás de las escenas". Te voy a dar un "boleto de entrada" para volver al escenario y ver lo que está pasando "detrás de las escenas" de mi vida. Llegar a ver el verdadera yo, donde puedo ser yo misma y no preocuparme de lo que la gente piensa de mí. Este lugar es mi zona de comodidad confortable, donde puedo dejar el pelo para abajo y "chilax" (si no sabes lo que "chilax significa es el descansó y relajarse ... entendiste? Lol). De todos modos, volviendo a mi zona de comodidad, aquí es donde estoy en mi pequeño mundo. Me gusta estar aquí porque no "siento" ningún juicio. Aquí es donde puedo ser más vulnerable, donde puedo expresar mis emociones en llanto, frustraciones, estrés, etc.
~ En el escenario ~
Bien, ahora es tiempo de ir "en el escenario". Para yo prepárame, mis nervios se activan (es como esa sensación de mariposas en mi estómago), empiezo aponerme tensa (aumenta el nivel de estrés), "sintiendo" la baja autoestima (que es cuando empiezo a "sentir" que las personas me están juzgando), la falta de confianza (donde pienso dos veces todo lo que hago), y dudo de mi misma (es cuando dudo de que lo que hago no cuenta para nada) .... No creo que estoy lista para ir "en el escenario" ... Déjame mirar a través de las cortinas (como la foto de arriba) ... Cómo me siento celosa de las personas que ya están "en la escena" haciendo las cosas que tengo tanto miedo de yo hacer. Estoy en el escenario actual, a la intemperie... estoy pensando... que tal si no le gusta la verdadero yo. Supongo que tengo que hacer un frente y ocultar lo que realmente soy. Para que me no hagan daño.

Estoy segura de que no soy el única que ve detrás de el escenario de la gente y ver las mismas personas totalmente diferentes cuando están en frente de otras personas de su círculo de comodidad de los amigos y / o familia. La razón por la que te mostré la etapa de “detrás de el escenario" y en "el escenario" de mi vida porque he tenido que hacer frente a estos "sentimientos" y "pensamientos" durante mucho tiempo, pero este año es un año nuevo. He estado frente a mi zona de comodidad y derribar el muro que he puesto por mucho tiempo, así que no tendrá que me dolerme más.

¡Estas barreras fueron construidas para durar y no las quería mas... déjeme decirle este proceso no es fácil y para aquellos de ustedes que enfrentan estas mismas situaciones, créanme, no estás sola! Ahora puedo mirar en el espejo y realmente con confianza decir que soy hija de un Rey. Soy especial y única. Estoy aquí para el propósito de Dios.
¡Y TÚ también! Usted es una hija de un Rey! ¡Usted es especial y única! ¡Usted está aquí para el propósito de Dios! ¡Usted está aquí para brillar en medio de la oscuridad! ¡Usted está aquí para aprovechar la vida y vivirla al máximo!

¡Espero que mis experiencias transparente con "Detrás de las Escenas” y las emociones "Detrás de el escenario” y "En el escenario" de mi vida puedan inspirar y motivar a que seas tú misma y mostrar su verdadero yo!



Dios te Bendiga Siempre,
María Guzmán

2 comments:

Rita said...

Amen! Amen. Kick those barriers down girl! That's what I tell myself when I have to "be on stage". Pushing pass the doubt and self esteem issue is a familiar one for me so I know how you feel. I remembering coming to the Lord in 1986 and realizing that only he could help me get over all my fears and doubts.

Thanks Maria! What a wonderful post!
Blessings,
Rita

RISE777 said...

What a good post. It is veyr importan t for all to remember that we not the Princesses of the King of Kings. We no longer need to hide behind our feelings of inadequacy we can stand up straight and tall, because our father owns the cattle on a thousand hills and he is the King of Kings. It took me years to over come a very low self esteem and I understand this. God really spoke through this one.
God Bless,

Rise"