Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Face your fear going into the New Year!"



Happy New Year and Welcome to “The Kitchen Table”!

I was talking to my kids about this first blog and asking them what I should write. Isaiah, my older son, said I should write about what the New Year means to me.

Well here it is…The New Year means to me is facing my fears to get out of my comfort zone. In my heart, there are so many things that I would like to do, but the fear of getting out of what is so comfortable is what keeps me from doing it. I was always willing and able to learn and try new things, but my mind would bring up the fear of the unknowns and I would hide behind those fears (just like the picture above). For example, the first thought that came to mind was “What are people going to think?”

The Bible says “For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7, for me it was easier to read this than actually applying it and practicing it in my life.

I decided this year I am going to face my fears and get out of my comfort zone with the peace that God provides and do the things that I always wanted to do and not let the fear of the unknown get the best of me. The Bible says “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” John 14:27. I thank God for the peace HE leaves with us! This means that I can do anything that I set my mind to do; I just have to trust in HIM and only HIM!

I will always proclaim that I’m more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37)! I have Jesus as my Lord and Savior, whom or what shall I fear? Nobody and Nothing!!

Another way that I’m showing you that I’m facing fears and getting out of my comfort zone is by writing to all of you in a transparent level of my life’s journey unscripted.

My prayer is that all of you who read these blogs will be inspired and encouraged to know that you are not alone on this journey. We all go through things in life and together we can press on toward the goal (Philippians 3:14) and fulfill the purpose God has for our lives.



God Bless You Always,
Maria Guzman

My next blog will be on Tuesday, January 19th, hope to see you then!

Wednesday's Blog: Ponnie Cousins "Single & Loving It"




¡Feliz Año Nuevo y Bienvenida a "La mesa de la Cocina"!



Yo estaba hablando con mis hijos acerca de este primer blog y pedirles que lo que debiera escribir. Isaías, mi hijo mayor, me dijo que debería escribir sobre lo que el Año
Nuevo significa para mí.

Bien, aquí es ... El Año Nuevo significa para mí enfrentar a mis miedos y salir de mi zona de comodidad. En mi corazón, hay tantas cosas que me gustaría hacer, pero el temor de salir de lo que es tan cómodo es lo que me impide hacerlo. Siempre estaba dispuesta y capaz de aprender y probar cosas nuevas, pero mi mente llevaría hasta el miedo a lo desconocido y yo me escondía detrás de esos miedos (como la foto de arriba). Por ejemplo, el primer pensamiento que vino a la mente fue "¿Qué van a pensar de mi?"
La Biblia dice: "Porque no nos ha dado Dios espíritu de cobardía, sino de poder, de amor y de dominio propio.” 2 Timoteo 1:7, para mí era más fácil de leer esto que en realidad aplicar y practicar en mi vida.

Este año he decidido que voy a enfrentar mis temores y salir de mi zona de comodidad con la paz que Dios ofrece y hacer las cosas que siempre quise hacer y no dejar que el miedo a lo desconocido obtener lo mejor de mí. La Biblia dice: "La paz os dejo, mi paz os doy, no como la da el mundo os la doy a ti. No se turbe vuestro corazón, ni tenga miedo "Juan 14:27. ¡Agradezco a Dios por la paz que dejo para nosotros! Esto significa que puedo hacer cualquier cosa que yo me decido a hacer, sólo tengo que confiar en ¡Él y sólo a Él!

¡Siempre voy a proclamar que soy más que vencedora (Romanos 8:37)! Tengo a Jesús como mi Señor y Salvador, ¿a quién temeré? ¡Nada ni nadie!
Otra forma en que estoy demostrando que estoy enfrentando temores y salir de mi zona de comodidad es escribiendo a todos ustedes en un nivel de transparencia del viaje de mi vida.

Mi oración es que todos ustedes que leen estos blogs se encuentran inspiradas y alentadas a saber que no están solas en este viaje. Todos pasamos por cosas de la vida y juntos podemos presionar a la meta (Filipenses 3:14) y cumplir el propósito que Dios tiene para nuestras vidas.



Dios te bendiga siempre,
María Guzmán

6 comments:

Rita said...

Hey Maria.. Wow Fear...now that's something to think about. This year for me will also be a year of facing my fears and stepping out on faith. I will be doing a major thing this year and trust me even as I write about it I feel that old feeling of "umm do you want to really do this??" The answer is yes and no but I know that that fear isn't from the Lord so I know I will be doing it. Thanks!

Bridge To God said...

It has taken me many years to be able to speak to fear with all the authority the blood of Jesus has given me. The big things I am fast to stand up to, but I still have to be very careful about the little foxes. They still have the tendency to trip me up.

Thank you Maria, for encouraging us to take a look at the fears that so easily beset us.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mari... I agree, this year is a year to face the fears and step out into the unknown to see the blessings that God has in store for us. They are bigger than what we can imagine. On Sunday with the message, God ministered to my life and he said he was waiting for me to step up and start walking towards those dreams he has placed in my heart, and in faith I will walk!!! This will be a memorable year if we choose to do it!!!

Tovah said...

Hey Miss Maria. I think your blog has a message that everyone can learn from, and it is really cool that you write it both in English AND Spanish!

Maria Guzman said...

Thanks Tovah! All I can say is Glory to God that I can use my bilingual talents for HIS glory!

Unknown said...

Maria, I am with you in facing my fears. You know when we let go of the things that keep us afraid we are better equipped to advance the Kingdom of god, which is what we need to be doing. Thank you for being open and letting our Dad use you!