Thursday, September 2, 2010

Let's Go!



Today Christian (my youngest son) received his new books for Pre-K and I believe I was more excited than he was. Something about getting new books makes me feel all warm and tingly inside. I am not a nerd! I just like getting new things. Okay, okay I am a nerd and I really like getting new books. The anticipation of all the cool new things you are going to learn just gets me going. I remember feeling this way every year since elementary school and all the way up to grad school. What’s funny is even though Christian was not thrilled with his books, Brandon (my oldest son) was. He is just like his mother. When his books came he spent hours looking through them, reading them and saying cool. The fact that he received more books this year than last year didn’t even seem to faze him. Receiving Chris’s books brought about more than excitement but a little nervousness too.

So now I am homeschooling a third grader and a Pre-K kid and I wonder how I am going to do this? This is the first year that Bran has to take his PSSA’s; will I prepare him enough to do well? Third grade was the year that I realized how much I hated math, will I be able to teach him effectively? The kids are on two totally different levels, how will I ever devote time between them equally? Let’s not even talk about all the extra curricular activities, football, art, acting and music classes, is there ever going to be time for me? AHHHHH! Calgon take me away! Y’all remember that commercial? The lady has all these things going on in her life and she calls for a bubble bath to take her to a place of peace, quiet and serenity. As relaxing as a bubble bath is how many of you know that true peace and serenity can not be found in a bottle of bubble bath.

Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you…” (John 10:27). Paul says in Philippians the 4th chapter not to worry about anything but to pray and be thankful and God’s peace will not only be with you but will guard your heart and mind. So guess what? I do not have to worry or be afraid about Brandon’s PSSA’s, or math. I can trust God to work out the schedule and my “me” time. In fact I believe this year to be better than last year. I am looking for God to do some great things. So to those of you who are starting to homeschool for the first time or for those of you who may have some different and challenging changes to your homeschool life I say to you that there is no situation to big or small that God can not bring peace to. The disciples were on the boat during the storm and thought they were going to die, Jesus spoke “Peace.” I can’t think of a more stressful occasion than the possibility of death and yet Jesus caused peace to come forth. He loves us just the same. So let’s look forward to the new challenges, for with new challenges there can be new successes. Are you ready to begin? All right then Let’s Go!

I am looking forward to sharing this year homeschool adventures with you. I pray that you have a great year.

Until next time, you guessed it, happy homeschooling



Hugs and Kisses,
Cheryl

Catch you in two weeks on, Thursday, September 16th!


Friday's Blog: Pat "Words of Wisdom"

No comments: