Friday, April 22, 2016

What We Need…Is Never a Surprise!




And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19

If we were to study this verse it could take months, and that’s no exaggeration. And I say that because we have many needs in the natural—and beyond the natural.

Suppose a TV reporter approached you on the street and ask, “What do you have need of?” Of course the answer would vary depending on your particular circumstance at the time.

Some would say they needed a job, money, healing, vacation, new housing, car and more. But how many would answer, “Grace?” Or even, “Mercy, forgiveness, faith, preparedness, and confidence?” Probably not many, if any at all. Yet, these are things as Believers we all have need of...all the time.

Because of the way our health care system has been setup here in the States, a lot of people have walked around for years without any health insurance (including myself). I wasn’t poor enough to get state or public assistance insurance, and didn’t make enough to afford my own health insurance. But because of laws concerning children, my youngest daughter was able to have health insurance with a major company for free. I was never concerned because I knew God would take care of me. And during the time of not being covered I had no real issues except recently my teeth. 

As I shared last week, I now have (Thanks to Obama Care, as folks like to call the Affordable Care Act.), medical and dental insurance. Since I haven’t had a good physical in over 10 years, I set up an appointment for one.

I was blessed to be able to get back into a hospital and network I really like. And also pick a primary physician, I have known for years and she is a Believer to boot! And before I go any further, I need to give a little background info.

There has been an issue going on with a family member the past few months. I requested to try to intervene and bring peace to the matter, but was told it was none of my business, so I backed off.

They have continued to be hurtful and their actions have affected the lives of others I deeply love. And I have struggled to keep a heart of forgiveness and love toward them, because we have a history and this is not the first time they have acted up. But, I’ve learned that anything God commands us to do, He will supply what we need to do it! And I am happy to say, “I have been able to continuously pray good for this person.” Now back to the story at hand.

The night before my appointment I woke up around 2am to have the Holy Spirit minister to me. And I knew then, there would be a bad report coming my way. His last words before I got up to shower, “Whose report will you believe?”

Did this encounter frighten or make me nervous? No, on the contrary it made me strong.

As I sat at the bus stop on my way to see the doctor, He reminded me of the two times in my life when I had one back-to-back bad medical report after another.

The first was my pregnancy at the age of 40 with my second daughter. It was one wild ride and no point of reference on God’s faithfulness. You will be able to read all about it in my soon to be published book.

The second time was when my blood count was 5, and they wanted to give me a transfusion and the Holy Spirit said, “No, don’t let them.” That was another wild and crazy ride, with hematologists, one bad report after another, leukemia reports and finally major surgery. End result—completely healed!

It was a beautiful morning to be sitting outside and waiting for the bus. The sun was shining and the birds were singing a love song for sure. My response to Him was, “I will fear not!”

Long story short, my blood pressure was very high and so was my heart rate. I was put on meds to bring both down, and gave up 7 tubes of blood for blood work.

I think there might be more to come, because I was reminded of past victories through multiple reports that went against the Word of God.

So, I’m ready!

Ready for what?

The fight!

But here’s the thing…the enemy has tried his best to get me to be unforgiving and not walk in love. It didn’t work, and so I have the confidence I need to go in strong. Also, I know my bible. If there is going to be a storm, I don’t have to try to build an Ark in the midst of it, I’m ready.

See sisters, what I really had need of, was the grace to forgive and a relationship with the Holy Spirit to be forewarned.

Have I had any symptoms? No. And that is why hypertension is called the silent killer.  

All this happened on Monday, and since then I have researched to find all the hidden sodium I have been eating unaware. I’ve made some decisions to just let some foods go and change things around with others. My youngest daughter treated me to a fitness band to count my steps each day—exercise is key. I have Facebook sisters who have stood up to encourage and help me change what I need to change. And a RN (my oldest daughter) right at my fingertips to explain anything I may not understand and help with questions I have. 

God knew of this day before hand and He has setup and put into place what I need. I need favor, encouragement, love and care. And I am finding it every day. I need wisdom and He has promised to lavishly give me all I have need of.

Believe it or not, I feel invigorated by the fight. That might not make sense to some of you, but the fight makes God’s provisions for my needs, up front and personal. I see the little things, I often overlook by my daily hustle and bustle.

Has humans, we do have certain daily needs, but from where I stand—as Believers we have many more than the natural eye can see.

If you are walking around with old hurts and memories of wrongful acts done to you or someone you love. You need to work on letting go, and allowing the Blood of Christ to heal you. Because if you don’t you give it the power to erect a barricade between you and God.

The Bible is truth, and God will supply all that we have need of, through Christ Jesus. But don’t always look for the big solution or easy fix to end the problem. Often we have to walk through, which is the only way to come out!

Look for the small things God is doing on a daily bases for you. It will encourage you more than you know. But most of all—read and study your Bible! Be prepared for the unexpected and unscripted, and strong enough to stand through the fight!


Until next week...

Blessings and Hugs,
Ponnie

2 comments:

Anna said...

I like to read your blog! ^^ Healthoop

Bridge To God said...

Thank you Anna. Please forgive me for taking so long to post your comment. As you will see in tomorrow's blog that I have been dealing with some health issues, but things are getting back on track. Thank you for reading and I pray you are being encouraged. Ponnie