Thursday, March 17, 2011

I Am.....


This blog orginally posted on June 7, 2010...enjoy!

During the last few weeks of school, my kids have both been working on their end of year personal portfolios to submit for their final exam grade. Their portfolios are to be a compilation of some of their work over the school year that they are proud of and want to showcase for others to see. It should also include reflections of what they have learned and their successes in all of their subjects.

My kids see this as busy work. I am sure many of the kids feel the same way…LOL! My daughter made a statement though that I think captures their principal’s vision for the students. While my daughter was going through old Language Arts writings, she said to me “ Mom, look at how much I have improved since the first day of school!”

I was looking over some of her assignments and she really has developed into quite a terrific little creative writer. (Don’t worry...this isn’t a blog to brag about the wonderfulness of my daughter…LOL!) I can remember when she was given certain homework assignments and how she whined and complained because this particular teacher gave them so much homework. At the time she couldn’t see the value in having to do all that work, however now, she loves to write and has some great poems/writings that she has created to prove how much she has grown as a writer.

This morning I work up and had to really, really, REALLY talk to myself to get out of bed and to go for a walk. I was up late and I just wanted to sleep in. (I’m still trying to beat this laziness bug…LOL!) I started whining and complaining...to no one in particular...of how I was so tired of having to do the work to get healthy and fit. Why is it taking so long? But then I remembered my daughter’s statement and felt convicted...”But look at how much I have improved since I have started.”

I’m tired of the work...my stats are not as great as I would like them to be but I can honestly say, “I have improved so much over the past few months!” I pulled out my journal that I started using since the beginning of the year during my times of devotion and started reading some of my entries. I began to see and realize that I have improved/grown so much as a person...as a woman. This morning, I realized that my journey is not only a journey to become Fit by Forty....but it has also become a journey towards Wholeness.

Thank you Holy Spirit for helping me to see how much I have grown today. And Thank You for helping me along this journey in finally becoming the woman that God the Father has created me to be.

One of the pieces that my daughter wrote this year was called "I AM". I am not a creative writer by ANY means...but I loved the poem. I am following the template that she used and I’m writing my own version to kind of reflect my journey so far...I hope you enjoy!

I AM
I AM fearfully and wonderfully made.
I WONDER if I will ever see a size 6 again.
I HEAR God’s voice whisper to me that He loves ME.
I SEE God’s glory all around me.
I WANT to be made whole. I AM a fearfully and wonderfully made

I PRETEND that I am happy and that I have it under control.
I FEEL scared and alone and that I will never reach my goals.
I TOUCH the hem of His garment with my prayers.
I WORRY that I will never receive the desires of my heart.
I CRY when I look in the mirror. I AM fearfully and wonderfully made.

I UNDERSTAND that I can do all things through Christ.
I SAY that I won’t give up and I won’t get discouraged.
I DREAM to be Fit by Forty.
I TRY to walk by faith and not by sight.
I HOPE to be the woman that God has created me to be.
I AM fearfully and wonderfully made.


Until next time.

In sisterly love,
Sasha


Tovah is up tomorrow!

No comments: